Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Dear Bruce,

This is a facebook post that I copied before I posted it, because facebook wouldn't let it go up.

And I 100% stand by everything I say here.

And it makes me sad that I actually have to do and say all this.  The world has a real virus called Hatred that is infecting all corners.  I just believe it still needs to be called out, if for nothing else than personal integrity.

This is what I said:

I will try this again.
The first time I tried to post this, facebook didn't let it through. I'm beside myself here with disappointment, disillusionment and anger. But I think that's what facebook cultivates now, right? There's hard evidence in courts right now to prove that.
But here's my beef:
KISS are my heroes. Bruce Kulick, their guitarist from the 80's and 90's, was their best, to me. That opinion is subjective, and that's fine. But I've been waving Bruce's flag since he was dropped from the lineup once the reunion happened.
On his facebook page, he proudly announced that he's excited to be on the bill playing with Grand Funk Railroad, whom he now plays with, in support of Kid Rock. Kid Fucking Rock.
I commented on that page that I can't support any tour with the w h i t e t r a s h likes of Kid Rock on the bill, and that's a hard pass for me. There are other comments on that same page that expressed how many Bruce fans will hold their noses about the whole thing and even leave before Kid Rock hits the stage. I'm not quite that positive about it.
My comment was removed due to racial insensitivity.
..............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm more racially insensitive than Kid Rock?!?!?! If it weren't so stupid it would be hilarious!!
I hereby renounce my support of Bruce Kulick. I just can't believe it.
Kid Rock is a symbol of general intolerance in the world right now. His unabashed support for Trumpism and everything akin to it is shocking on every level. To support that kind of thing is outside of my own comprehension. Kid Rock represents everything that is wrong with the Right these days in their extremist views. To buy an album, concert ticket or anything with his name on it is support for those views, which Mr. Kid stands proudly for.
If you're reading this and don't like my views on Shit Rock, you're free to unfriend me or whatever you call it. But I've had enough of all this pro-hatred crap. It bothers me that I'm allowing myself to become this angry at this situation as it is. But that kind of behavior is exactly what this cultivates.
Farewell, Bruce.
I will leave my mind open if you change your own views on this matter. I have to think my real hero Eric Carr would be remarkably disappointed in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment